The UAF Office of International Programs & Initiatives is pleased to announce the north2north Scholarship. Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to UAF exchange students studying abroad at one of our north2north partner institutions. A list of eligible north2north institutions can be found here: list of eligible north2north institutions Students can start their north2north application for their selected host institution here: studyabroad.uaf.edu
To be eligible for the north2north scholarship you must:
- Be a degree-seeking student enrolled at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and
- Apply or be approved for exchange to a north2north institution outside of Alaska for a full academic year or a fall, spring, or summer semester.
The north2north program is designed for students whose studies are relevant to the North. First priority is given to students who meet some or all of the below preferences:
- Participate in UArctic programs and courses.
- Study in another program with a strong Northern emphasis.
- Demonstrate how their academic goals can contribute meaningfully to the Arctic region.
- Show dedication to contributing to your Northern community and the Arctic region generally.
- Have an open-minded attitude towards other cultures and ways of life.
- Have relevant personal experience what will enable you to make the most of your exchange experience.
north2north makes special efforts to include indigenous students and students from smaller Northern communities.
For more information regarding an exchange program, please visit: studyabroad.uaf.edu