Seawolf Opportunities Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance for tuition to degree-seeking students at the University of Alaska Anchorage. It is the goal of this fund to provide scholarship assistance to these students from the freshman year for up to four consecutive years (maximum of two, if enrolled in associate degree), as long as the recipient continues to meet minimum qualifications.
- Enroll full-time during the fall & spring semesters, although allowance for students that cannot be FT due to course sequencing limitations or other exceptional circumstances may be allowed.
*Recipients must continuously enroll in every fall/spring semester.
- Be a first-time freshman and first-generation college student at the time of the initial award.
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) less than or equal to 20% higher than the max EFC needed to receive any Federal Pell Grant during the time of initial award. In future years, the recipient must continue to demonstrate financial need based on their EFC and cost of attendance (COA).
- Be an Alaska resident and US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Students must continue to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress in years 2-4.
Prior recipients will continue to receive the SOS scholarship using the award structure and amounts indicated in their initial award letter.
Keywords: University of Alaska Anchorage; UAA; Financial Aid Office