Clay Body 2 .png

Clay Body Award

Clay Body is the UAA student ceramics club.

The club holds biannual pottery sales of student artwork. Students keep 60 percent of the profits from their work for themselves, while the other 40 percent goes to the club’s account. This 40 percent has been used to bring in visiting professors, fund trips to New York City, and send students to the National Council on the Education of Ceramic Arts Conference.

With encouragement from the club’s advisor, Professor Steven Godfrey, the students set up a fund in 2014 that would help future ceramics students pay for their tuition. Godfrey calls the scholarship a way for students to “pay it forward.” Thanks to committed fundraising by students and the help of generous community members, the endowment was set up in only two and a half years.

The Clay Body’s pottery sales happen at the end of the fall and spring semesters, and it is a great event to attend for those who want to support art students here at UAA.

Find Clay Body on Facebook at UAA Clay Body.

Impact

If you are interested in supporting students through the student opportunity fund this donor supports, please note the UAA scholarship name within the gift designation section at: Donate Now.

Scholarships